Thursday, February 27, 2020

5 Things I Learned After Getting Eyelash Extensions



I've never been fully aware of my own eyelashes. I mean, I would apply mascara when I need to dress up for a function but it didn't really bother me if I didn't.

Last year, since there were a few plans going on, I decided to try eyelash extension to look good and feel good. Here's what I think about eyelash extension.

1. The results can be drastic


I remember after getting my first eyelash extension, I got wow-ed every time I met someone. Even my daughter would ask," What happened to your eyes, mummy?". It took me some time to get used to my full and fluttery eyes, too.

2. They can be uncomfortable 

I asked for 12mm lashes the first time because I was ambitious. And not knowing what to expect, I thought that pinchy-pokey pain after it was done was "normal". If only the artist took the time to ask me about it, I think I might be able to feel other wise. After the first 2 weeks, I just can't wait for all of the lashes to fall off. The second time, 5 months after the first experience, I asked for 9mm lashes. And the result was very different. My lashes didn't feel heavy and pokey. It was very comfortable. I guess if you're doing it for the first time, try with the shortest one first and then slowly add into length and volume later. And also remember that, you shouldn't be feeling uncomfortable. If you do, tell your eyelash extension artist so that she can make adjustments.

3. They can interfere with your beauty routine

I was not able to cleanse or rinse my eye area as the extensions weren't meant to get wet.

4. They can wreck your natural lashes

As the lashes falls off on their own, they usually fall together with your real lashes. The last eyelash extension I had almost wreck all my lashes. The artist recommended the Y shape eyelashes as she said it's easier to maintain. The tip of the eyelashes crosses each other. And for some reason, when it falls, a whole patch falls off together.

This resulted in a bald patch and it bothers me s lot!

After 2 days, I couldn't take it anymore and used coconut oil to remove the rest.


5. It’s an addictive (and expensive) beauty treatment and it messes with your self-image. 

Now that my eyes look "bald", I'm a little horrified devastated to see how much damage they had done. I keep having the urge to give the eyelash extension artist a call for another treatment but I also know that I don't have many lashes left to attach the extensions to.

I'm now on the road to growing my lashes back, but it's amazing to finally be able to rub my eyes again.

14 comments:

  1. wah! nak sgt tgk hasilnya nanti.
    seram tgk image yg last tu hu hu hu hu...
    tak pernah menjalankan treatment sebegini, michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. tak sangka sampai natural lashes tertanggal sebab officemate buat extension lashes nampak elok je cantik. I think depends on orang yang buat tu kot

    ReplyDelete
  3. Omg tak sangka pula boleh jadi sampai macam tu. Better go with eyelash perm pun cantik nampak natural beauty. I suka tengok orang bulu mata panjang tapi nak pakai mascara pun malas sebab my eyelash pun pendek je huhu

    ReplyDelete
  4. Extension ni kalau dia tanam dalam mata kita takut juga. I biar yang natural.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isk.. ngeri pulak tengok bila lashes sampai tertanggal macam tu.. hopefully boleh tumbuh semula macam biasa..

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huhuhu...... I never like fake eyelashes. I think they are extremely tacky. I don’t even like contact lenses too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tak pernah pakai fake eyelashes @ extention since i risau my natural tercabut sama. Nak cantik I'm wearing mascara je. Haha ! Let's prefer natural .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lor... Sampai tercabut your natural lashes. I yang tengok saja pun jadi seriau. Harap your natural lashes akan tumbuh yang baru

    ReplyDelete
  9. wah macam-macam sekarang ya. bulu mata pun boleh di tambah ya.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dulu sis pernah buat extention ni, lama2 jadi malas sebab mata jadi berat. Baik pakai mascara aje dr buat extebtion ni

    ReplyDelete
  11. Orang perempuan suka lah ada tips macam ni hehehehe nak nampak mata lebih besar dan juga bulu lebih lebat dan lentik hehehehe untung lah lepas ni ramai yang pandai bergayakan...

    ReplyDelete
  12. My friend also experienced the same fallout. And now she just stop having the extension because it causes her some anxiety too

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have the same thought about this eyelashes extension. I wonder, what if they fall out and become uneven for both eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lorr boleh tercabut ek? Mungkin juga kena buat yang harga mahal ek..kawan Sis ramai pakai bulu mata sambung ni...

    ReplyDelete