Wednesday, June 29, 2016

My Svenson Experience


Sorry for this gross pic but the truth is, we experience hair loss everyday. It's common as hair loss occurs when the cycle of hair growth and shedding is disrupted or when the hair follicle is destroyed and replaced with scar tissue.


Earlier this month, I was glad to be invited to attend a consultation session by Svenson Haircare Malaysia.

Svenson is a leading brand at the vanguard in research and development of solutions for hair and scalp problems using the most advanced technologies. It was established in London since 1956. In another words, it's been around for 60 years! Older than me hahahaha >.<


We got to meet Deborah Whelan, a leading hair and scalp trichologist. She answered a few questions we had regarding our hair.

Did you know that...

  1. Besides hormonal changes, you will experience hair loss due to stress 3 to 4 months later after a shocking incident? Like for example, if you experience post patrum hair loss and you're shock to see the number of hair you're losing, you're most likely to experience secondary hair loss 3 to 4 months later after the "shock". This is known as Telogen Effluvium Hair Loss. So try to keep calm and don't stress yourself too much!
  2. Cutting or shaving your hair doesn't gurantee your hair will "regrow" healthily. The new hair that grows are rougher as compared to our "old" hair that's already thinned because of all the chemical and heat we put on it throughout the years.
  3. Our hair won't be damaged from swimming in chlorinated pool water. But if you wanna protect your hair, you could simply apply some conditioner at the tip of your damp hair before going into the pool.

We were given a complimentary hair treatment. I was so so so so happy cause I really needed this treatment! I experienced serious post-natal hair loss when Charlotte was 5 months old and it lasted about 3 to 4 months. Being a mom also means that I do not have the luxury to wash my hair properly when you have a baby constantly crying for you and cannot have you leave her sight, resulted in me having super itchy scalp! 

So I made an appointment last weekend at the Mid Valley's branch. 

This is waiting area. You can feel free to get yourself a cup of tea or coffee or milo.

This is the consultation room.

Initially, the treatment that I was going for was the Intensive Nutrients Therapy. But the machine that is used for this treatment was sent for repair. So after my consultant, Mary, analyzed my scalp, she suggested me to go for the Oxy DH Therapy instead because it suits me more! Let me show you why.

Cause I have dandruff...

Big chunks of dandruff...

And  more dandruff!!!

I was like 


Literally. I tried to keep my cool but I was secretly having goose bumps looking at all the magnified pictures of my scalp condition.

Mary explains that the Oxy DH Therapy prevents hair loss and promotes hair growth by stimulating hair follicles with peptides and plant active ingredients. During this treatment, the therapist will use a 3 miniature nozzles that creates supersonic jets of microdroplets of saline solution and oxygen to remove excess sebum trapped in the pores without causing skin tissue damage or inflammation. Sounds like just what I need!

So ok, off I went for the treatment.

First, my therapist applied this minty and cooling cream all over my scalp. After leaving it on for 10 minutes, I was brought to the cubicle behind to get my hair washed twice. This was to assure that my scalp was washed thoroughly.

Then, she used this High Frequency to rub through my scalp. It's like an antiseptic that kills bacteria.

Next, she used the 3 miniature nozzles to jet off all the dirty stuff that I had on my scalp.

After that, my hair was blow-dried with a hair dryer.

Here's she's applying tonic onto my scalp. It followed by serum.


Here comes the best part - MASSAGE!!! I have to say, my therapist, Pei Pei gave a reeeeeaaaaalllyyyy good massage! It was so good I almost doze off!


Lastly, my hair was cold-steamed for 10 minutes. That's it! Done!


Final blow-dry to style my hair.

I was brought back to the consultation room to look at the result.


CAN. YOU. BELIEVE. THIS!?!?


My scalp is so clean I can even see the roots and veins! And this is just after 1 session of treatment omg omg omg so gam dong I can cry!


Though it's not 100% clear from dandruff, the difference is obvious and promising.

So you've got problem with your hair, don't hesitate to give Svenson a go. You can visit their Facebook page here. Don't delay until it's too late (for your beautiful hair).


0 comments:

Post a Comment