Wednesday, September 13, 2017

10 Essential Items In My Hospital Bag

I am currently 36 weeks pregnant and I just got my hospital bag packed last week. I'm not sure if it's considered late to do it cause the last time when I was pregnant with Charlotte, I had it packed when I was 28 weeks pregnant lol. Well, I didn't mean to slack but the truth is I really didn't have the time to do it any earlier. And also I know I won't go into labour so soon so... yupe lol.

Anyway! I had it ready and it's now sitting at the back of my car just so I can just drive to the hospital anytime now if the labour starts.

As I will most probably be going to the same private hospital, I packed extremely light this time cause I know I won't be needing most of the things. I remember the last time, I packed according to a guide given online. I had things like cotton buds, wet wipes, tissue box, books, water bottle, soap, shampoo, hair conditioner and etc. And guess what? I used NONE of them at all 😕 The truth is, everything the hospital staffs used on you is billable. As much as I would like to reduce the list on my invoice by giving them a head's up on what I've prepared and want to use my own, they're still going to go ahead and use theirs.

So this time, I just pack light with the essentials will do.


My Hospital Bag consists of

1. Sanitary pads
- You see 3 packs here but 1 is more than sufficient. I packed extra because I'll be heading to a confinement center right after I'm discharged from the hospital. I use the normal night pads (Whisper is my favourite brand btw) and they work fine for me. Some might like to use the hospital grade maternity pad. Well, it's all personal preference.

2. Sports Bra/ Nursing Bra
- You won't be wearing any when you're still in the hospital. Really. You'll be in a hospital gown the whole time. This is for the day I discharge from the hospital. Last time I packed a nursing bra but I really prefer to wear a sports bra cause it has the support I need. And it's also easy to pull down and just nurse your baby. Again, personal preference.

3. Disposable Panties
- I bought black ones from Autummz. You can also bring your old, almost not wearable and ready to be disposed panties if you want to be more environmental friendly. If it's stained, just dabao and throw away.

4. Nursing friendly one-piece dress to wear home
- This is for the day I discharge from the hospital. I like to wear one-piece cause it's convenient. This dress is an off-shoulder dress so it's nursing friendly, too.

5. Towel
- The hospital actually gave a hospital kit bag when I was admitted and there's a small towel inside. But it's really... small. So I'd rather use my own, though the last time I didn't really use it. Packed this into my hospital bag, just in case.

6. Towel for the newborn
- Packed this the last time and didn't get to use it. Oh, I did use the towel to swaddle Charlotte when we discharged from the hospital cause I didn't have a swaddle back then. Still packing it in this time just in case. (Erm, so I guess the towels are not so essential after all? 😅)

7. Swaddle
- To swaddle the newborn when discharged from the hospital.

8. Going-Home Baby Romper
- 1 set is enough as the hospital will provide during our stay. This is for the day we go home.

9. Baby Diaper
- Instead of getting the whole pack, pack the free samples 😉 I get my free samples from baby fairs *ahem ahem* #kiam

The 10th item, which is not shown in the picture, is the phone charger. I guess I won't have to elaborate why?


All packed and ready 💕


1 comment:

  1. Wow! Amazing Blog. I read your article carefully. Thanks for sharing this useful information with us.
    Sports Nursing Bra

    ReplyDelete