Sunday, January 28, 2018

My 2017 in review

It's the end of Jan 2018 and now only I'm reviewing my 2017 #winliao

I'm not sure how to start but my 2017 is definitely the most challenging year I've ever encountered. Yet it was also fruitful in its beautiful way. Let me just pen down a few major ones.

1. I got pregnant.

Blogged about it HERE.

It had been my desire to get a sibling for Charlotte and we got lucky by hitting the jackpot only after one try (sorry but not sorry for tmi lol). And then it was an emotional roller coaster ride throughout the pregnancy, constantly fearing if I could ever love another human being again, and often regretting when I thought I couldn't spend enough quality time with Charlotte anymore. I was in denial for a long period of time though I had announced it to family members and a few close friends. I didn't talk to the little fetus like how I did when I was pregnant with Charlotte, not until much later when the bump was more obvious. I think I spent most of my time worrying than feeling joyful and for that, I'm sorry, Emmett. I blame it on myself. And those stupid hormones. 

2. We went to Japan as a family of 3 + 1.

Blogged about it HERE.

We went back to Osaka, Kyoto and Nara. I anticipated the trip since the day we bought our air tickets but honestly, I didn't enjoy it as much as we did when we went in June 2015 cause it was FREAKING BLARDY COLD. I thought I might be the one who can endure the winter the most as I've been to countries in winter before but boy I was so so wrong. I was down on the 3rd day due to the coldness. And since we brought Charlotte along, we missed out on a few things. My biggest regret was not eating Ichiran Ramen 😭😭😭 Also, since I was already pregnant, I was forbidden to eat sashimi. CAN YOU FEEL THE PAIN IN MY SOUL wtf. It also doesn't help when one day after we came back from Japan, Charlotte reset my phone and all our photos taken in Japan were gone. GONE!

Nevertheless, I will forever want to go back to Japan cause it's just a really really beautiful country and if I do, I WILL EAT ICHIRAN RAMEN, SASHIMISSS AND WAGYU BEEF WITH A VENGEANCE wtf 😁😁😁😂😂😂

3. We went to Adelaide for my baby brother's convocation.



It's my first trip with my dad after so many years of not joining him on his yearly family tour. To cut the story short, I was rebellious. To me, it was a time well spent with them, albeit a little argument during the trip.

So the last Loo in the family has finally graduated and my dad is now officially a full-time traveler.  Good for him, he deserves it. I love you, daddy.

4. I was conned and betrayed by my own relative.

This is somewhat the major highlight of the year. And this relative has opened my eyes to how selfish a person can be. And because of her, I fought a tough battle against my reporting manager for my rights. I didn't "win" the battle entirely but I've got what I deserved, walked away and moved on. I've also decided to cut her off as I don't wanna have anything to do with her ever again. 

Just in case some of you who know her and wants to pass her the message, please tell her that this is not a one-time-event. It's because of all the disappointments that piled up as we grew up together. No point elaborating cause she won't remember a single thing as she's ignorant like that. 

Bye, Felicia.

5. I gained a few close friends at work.

My lunch buddies are some really fun people I got to know from my previous work place and I'm really really glad to get to know them cause they helped me A LOT when battling for my rights. And it's because of them, I got the strength and knowledge to stand up tall and fight back, knowing that I have them and justice on my side. 

6. I gave birth to Emmett.


This birth experience made me salute mummies who gave birth naturally. I would even bow 90° if  you tell me you've given birth naturally without epidural. I thought I've prepared myself and would be tough enough to endure labour pain but I was so wrong. I SCREAMED for c-sect, even though I was already 4cm dilated.

And my heart grew bigger. I think it's just a natural thing to love another human being of your own even though you thought you've given all your love and couldn't do it all over again.

Now as a mom of 2, time just jets by. Writing this post now is a testimony itself.

7. I went back to teaching.

I had one year experience in the corporate world and I guess I've had enough of it. I'm lucky to have found a teaching job before the year ended and I'm feeling quite comfortable doing what I'm good at. I'm not sure if I will have the urge to challenge myself again and do something other than teaching, cause I always do even though I say I don't. Does it make any sense? But right now I'm really happy with this job cause of the working hours that allows me to spend more time with my kids.

Ya. Kids. I have kids now. 

2018 is looking so good so far. Exciting things, that I cannot speak about yet, are happening this year and I can't wait for it to unfold. I'm feeling positive.

Bring it on!

0 comments:

Post a Comment