Wednesday, November 21, 2018

My Girls' Trip to Bangkok with One Child - Part 2 (FOOD!)

Read Part 1 HERE.

This trip to Bangkok consists of 3 girls (and an infant lol) flying in from 3 different airports at 3 different time.

I flew in first. Peggy was the next to reach (she arrived around mid night) and then Joanne flew in from Singapore the next day. I think this sounds amazing enough haha.

But we all have two purposes in common - to eat and to shop. 

There's no itinerary specifically planned out for this trip but Imma share what are some of the food that I'm glad we had.

1. Nhong Rim Klong (ร้าน หน่องริมคลอง)

Nhong Rim Klong - Thai Food By A Canal
Nhong Rim Klong (ร้าน หน่องริมคลอง) is located about 50 meters from the corner of Ekkamai and Soi 21, almost all the way to Petchaburi, rather than Sukhumvit.

The street food stall sits literally over the top of the canal — the kitchen is perched on the bridge, and the tables of seating run down the left side of the street food stall.

We had pad kee mao crab, tom yum seafood, salted fish fried rice and crab omelet. 

pad kee mao crab

tom yum seafood

salted fish fried rice

crab omelet

As an egg lover, needless to say, my favourite of all is the crab omelet. It is an absolute must-have when you are here. Generous chunks of crab meat were hidden in this thick, fluffy omelette that was fried to a nice golden-brown on the outside, and yet was still moist and spongy inside.

This picture doesn't do any justice but still, look at that gorgeous!

We're glad to be there early before the crowd builds up. When we left, there was already a queue by the roadside under the hot sun. You've been warned.

Address: Ekkamai Soi 21, Khlong Tan Nuea, Kate Wathana, Bangkok, Thailand
Phone: +66 86 044 9478
Opening Hours: Mondays to Saturdays: 8.30am to 4pm, closed on Sundays.


2. After You Dessert Cafe

This. Is something you should never ever missed if you have a sweet tooth like me.

We saved this for the last day but Joanne was not feeling well so she went back to our Airbnb after we had our breakfast together. So it was just me and Peggy and I die die must eat before leaving Bangkok cauase... HELLO!? Must understand what all the hype is about kan!?

Anyway, as I said, since we just had our breakfast, not knowing if we can really finish everything so we ordered their signature honey toast and Hojicha kakigori in baby size. Honestly, I wasn't expecting much and I thought it would be something similar to our own KAKIGŌRI.

But I was so wrong. It is nothing similar to it. This is way way waaaaaaayyyy better than I expected.

Camera eats first. Always.

The toast was buttery, soft and aromatic. And the hojicha kakigori was soooooo fine and smooth it melts in your mouth! I don't really enjoy shaved ice that has that crunch so this is totally my kind of kakigori. I wished I'd ordered the regular size cause I could totally finish it up. I would even order the Thai Tea kakigori if time (and my stomach) would allow.

The cream on top of the kakigori looks so cute!
There are a lot of branches around Bangkok. You can click HERE to find out more. You're welcome.


3. Inter Restaurant

A friend of ours who's currently working there brought us to this place where it was previously full of local diners only. But now as they're getting more famous, it's now one of the check-in places for tourist. And we're one of them hahahaha.

Green Curry & Tom Yum Kung



Deep fried chicken wings
Deep fried chicken skin

Pad Thai

I had my green curry craving fixed here. My second favorite dish would be the deep fried chicken skin. It's sinfully tasty. 

Find out more HERE.

4. Som Tam Nua

It was our (official) first meal in Bangkok. We went there after she had 还愿 and walked many 冤枉路. So whatever was put on the table was irresistible.

Fried chicken wings, mango salad and Tomsep Kadook On Moo soup
Ordered the rice for Emmett but....

Emmett tertidur

Some more I was seated in a chair without back support yum gong!

He woke up after we're almost done with our food so ok la I got to put down my burden him in a high chair and felt less guilty cause I got to stuff some food in his little tummy hahahaha.

Address: 392/14 Soi Siam Square 5, Rama 1 Road, Bangkok
Tel: +66 (0) 22 51 4880


5. Peggy and Joanne went to Jeh O Chula for this ↓

Picture taken from the internet
I was not there cause I have mom duty I didn't want to jeopardize Emmett's bed time as he was just recovering from flu and cough. They went there around 10pm and if I'm not mistaken, they queued for about 1.5 hours (you've been warned again!). They said that they would do it again so I guess that tells how good the food is. Ok la to be fair, they did da bao 香肠肉干 for me and it was nice after reheating it in the microwave the next morning so I considered this checked lol.

Address: 113/1 Thanon Charat Mueang, Rong Mueang, ( opposite to Chula soi 16) Bangkok

---------------------------------------

We also went to Peace 和 oriental teahouse and Cafe Bora Thailand. But they can't beat After You so I'm not gonna mention much about them. Click on the links to find out more if you're really interested. Of course, we had street food like Pla Pao (Roasted fish), mango sticky rice, pork sausage and etc. I don't think I need to specifically introduce. Just find one on the street that you 对眼缘 will do ;)

Pla Pau out side of Platinum Mall

That's all! It's 2.30am as I'm typing this and my stomach is drumming.
I don't understand why I'm doing this to myself.

Part 3 will be How I survived it all with a kid! 


0 comments:

Post a Comment