Friday, February 8, 2019

My January 2019 In Review

Remember I made 4 Casual Promises to Myself That I Am Under No Legal Obligation to Fulfill? I now somehow wish I should be legally obliged to fulfill so I can stick to those promises more strictly 😫

Here's my first monthly review in 2019!

1.  Definitely cut down on sugary drinks.

From a few cups of milo bing a day to only one or none a day. That sounds like a big step to me! Slowly but surely huh? And I definitely had less milk tea or whatever comfort drinks this month woohoo! I guess that's because I'm have my mind set on something bigger (read: a better body and a traveling plan in 2020). I did gave in a few times, like maybe 2 time? Especially when the kids acted up. Moms with young kids, you know what I mean, don't you? That instant comfort I get from the first sip helps to balance my mind, body and soul I kid you not. People without kids yet, you will understand me when you get there someday.

Come to think about it, I think I gave in 3 times hahaha.
Emmett was admitted on the 25th of Jan due to RSV. Again. And the first thing I did right after checking out of the hospital? I drove to a nearby cheese tea outlet to get myself one large cup of Matcha Cheese Tea. It felt so so good and... compensated, for what I've been through handling a walking toddler in the ward. Maybe I should blog about it huh? The difference when staying in a hospital with a baby who can't even crawl yet and a walking toddler.

Sorry I digress.

2. Quite Green. Can be greener.

I've made full of the 2 shopping bags that's always in my backpack whenever I'm out shopping. The only 1 time I was offered a plastic bag was when I bought a carton of milk and the cashier insisted to place that carton of milk, that already has droplets forming on the surface, in a plastic bag so that my other goods will not get wet. I kindly refused but she strongly insisted 😐

Also, I used my tumbler to buy all my comfort drinks. Even cheese tea.Some baristas were confused (I think they haven't met a customer asking to fill their tumbler before?) but they eventually figured it out 👏👏👏 Maybe I should write in to these merchants and propose them to offer eco-friendly customers (like me ahem) some discount?

3. It's not the kids. It's me.

I really really wish I could calm myself before letting it out on the kids but I just... failed. Kids will be kids. And I fully understand that it's my responsibility to teach them what's right or not. But just like the baby dragons in How to Train Your Dragon... THEY LISTEN TO NO ONE! And raising my voice is usually the fastest way to get things going the way I wanted.

Dear Lord, please give me the wisdom to know how to deal with myself and the kids in a more peaceful and calmer manner. Let me not repeat the damage that was done to me when I was a kid. I should know better.

4 Intermittent Fasting... with 2 cheat days.

Erm... another slowly but surely kinda thing? I mean, it's usually kinda hard to go full on 16:8 during the weekends but I tried. Sometimes I could sometimes I just couldn't cause my sweet sweet wonderful Charlotte will be asking, "Why mummy? Why are  you not eating? Nah, I give you. Charlotte share with you."

Well, that's my January there! Gone in just a blink of an eye. Ok maybe a few more blinks.

How was the first month of 2019 for you?


0 comments:

Post a Comment