Wednesday, March 9, 2016

D. I. Y. Air Fresheners

Raise your hand if you're a Daiso kaki like me!

Since the husband has been working as an Uber driver, sometimes he gets stinky riders and they leave unpleasant smell in the car. According to him, it affects his rating greatly.

He then bought some car freshener but the strong smell would leave him feeling uncomfortable and dizzy.

So, thanks to Pinterest again, I collected some ideas and DIY 2 types of air freshener for him and you can get almost everything from Daiso!



So here's what I got:

1 bottle of vodka - rm4.95
1 box (30 pieces) of wool felt balls - rm5.30
1 spray bottle - rm5.30
1 bottle of essentialoil  of your choice - rm5.30

Total - rm20.85

You can get a bottle of cheap vodka from any liquor stall. I got mine from Aeon.

The first air freshener I'm gonna show you is made with wool felt balls that you can hang in your car.



1) Thread your needle. Tie a knot at the end of the thread.
2) Begin threading felt balls onto the thread, one at a time. For a larger circle, add more balls. I used 9 balls.


 3) Once you are happy with the size of your circle, sew the two end balls together and tie them off.



) Add two drops of whatever essential oils on each of your felt balls.  To start, I used Grapefruit essence because I love the way it smells and it helps increase alertness, which is great for my long (jammed) trips in my car.



5) Tie a 10 inch to 12 inch length of 1/4 ribbon to your circle of felt balls. This will enable you to hang it from your rear-view mirror.  You can see the drops of oil on the balls, but once the oil dries, it’s not visible at all! 



That’s it! How cute is that?! And I love that I am freshening the air in my car in a totally natural way. You can hang this in your wardrobe too! The fragrance will last for about 2 weeks. After the fragrance faded, just add more drops of essential oil and reuse it again. Eco friendly, too, isn't it?  This would also make a great gift for your friends and family.

Next, Imma show you how to make a spray air freshener. This is gonna be so simple!







Just simply pour the whole bottle of vodka into a spray bottle and mix with 10 to 15 drops of essential oil and tadaaaaa~ DONE!


If you don't feel comfortable with all the alcohol, you can also mix 3/4 of water with 1/4 of vodka, then add in your essential oil. Use it and spray into any area for a good refreshing smell. When Charlotte grows up and is afraid of monsters hiding under her bed one day, I'll make this bottle and label it and Monster Chaser lol. To freshen up her room and chase away imaginary monsters (bacteria) at the same time!

There you go. You are welcome :D




0 comments:

Post a Comment