Tuesday, May 17, 2016

A Car Accident

Often times I wonder if things are really meant to be.

Yesterday morning, I left home earlier than usual cause I wanted to reach my work place earlier so that Charlotte can take her nap in the carrier. Usually I let her take her first nap at home so she could sleep on her own bed. But my first class starts at 2.30pm and she was not asleep by 1pm. So ok, off we left home at 1.15pm.

Since I was not in a rush, I took the Jalan Sungei Besi. Usually I'd take the Smart Tunnel when I'm in a rush (if Charlotte wakes up after 2pm from her nap). When I passed by the junction turning into the Smart Tunnel, something didn't felt quite right to me but I brushed it off. It could be just my sixth sense playing with me, I thought.

Then, this happened.


Though I was not in a rush, I was trying to get to my work place as soon as possible so that Charlotte can nap soon. I was in the middle lane. I saw the 4WD at least a car's distance behind on the fast lane. I signaled and slowly changed lane. This still happened.

According to the law, it's my fault. No matter how cautious I am with putting on the signals and everything, if I membelok ke kiri atau kanan dan menyebabkan kemalangan, it's my fault. Unless the car hits the back of my vehicle, then it's the other car's fault because that driver tidak dapat mengawal laju kenderaan dan menyebabkan kemalangan.

Lesson learnt.

Like what my dad said, sometimes things like that happened cause no matter how careful you are, others might not be that careful.

I'm just glad that Charlotte and I are fine. If it was banged on the left side, where Charlotte was seated (in her car seat), I'll be forever consumed by my own guilt. She was frightened after the accident, of course. But she's now fine and has gone back to her own cheerful self.

Amazingly after this whole incident, this particular bible verse came to me.

Oh give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; for his steadfast love endures forever!
Psalm 118:1 
So I'm gonna count my blessings one by one.

  1. I'm thankful for zero injuries on Charlotte and I.
  2. I'm thankful for the immediate help I got from my husband and his friend, Kalvin.
  3. I'm thankful for car insurance.
  4. I'm thankful for a smooth process while making the police report.
  5. I'm thankful for a friendly sargent, who was also the first and only 2 to greet me Happy Tacher's Day (and made me teared a little).
  6. I'm thankful for understanding parents, who also gave me words of encouragement telling me how not easy it is to take care of the little one by myself, resulted in me sobbing non stop while waiting for the husband to arrive haha.
  7. I'm thankful that I still have a job. Though this month's income is literally cut by half (first week was absent from work because of HFMD, and now car-less), I still have a job.
  8. I'm thankful just to be able to be a mother for another day, really.
  9. I'm thankful for the kari ikan (the tail part) my husband got me for dinner. He said 撞咗车尾,所以要补返個尾 hahahahahaha.
So, be careful on the road. I hope this will never happen to anyone , especially if you have a little one with you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment